London Broil With Fresh Mushroom Salsa
- 1 pound flank, round, or shoulder steak
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup prepared chunky tomato salsa
Preheat broiler. Season steak with salt and pepper to taste. Place on broiler rack; broil about 3 1/2 inches from heat until done as desired, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until lightly browned and liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Stir in salsa; cook, mixing gently, until salsa is hot, about 15 seconds.
Carve steak diagonally across grain into thin slices and serve with fresh mushroom salsa sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Hon-Shimeji Mushroom Stir Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)