Football Cupcake Pull-Aparts
Everybody gets to play football on game day with this delicious pull-apart football cake made with cupcakes.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 (1-pound each) containers Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate candies(team colors)
- 1 (4.25-ounce) tube Betty Crocker® white decorating icing
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 145mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make cake batter as directed on cake mix box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Spoon frosting into decorating bag with large star tip (size #5). Arrange cupcakes in football shape using 15 of the 24 cupcakes. Pipe thick lines of frosting over football-cupcake shape. Using spatula, spread frosting over cupcakes. Pipe decorative border of chocolate frosting around edge of football. Sprinkle decorative border with candy-coated chocolate candies. Pipe laces with white icing. Frost and decorate remaining cupcakes as desired, and serve alongside football.