Mushroom Soup With Sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound mushrooms chopped
- 1 large garlic clove chopped
- 3 green onions - (to 4) chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or more
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
In a sauté pan or skillet, melt the butter and sauté the mushrooms, garlic, and green onions. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Reserve about one-third of the sauté mixture and puree the remainder in a blender or a food processor with about 1 cup of the broth and the rice. The rice stabilizes the soup.
Heat the puree in a heavy stockpot; add the remaining broth. Add salt and pepper and the mushrooms. If too thick, add more broth. Garnish with parsley, and at the table have each guest add a tablespoon of sherry to his or her serving.
This recipe yields 4 first course servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Chutney 0/5 (0 Votes)