- 2 pounds mushrooms* sliced
- 2 tart apples peeled, pared, and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or more
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushroom, Puffballs
Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and cook slowly, uncovered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Pack into hot sterilized jars and process in a canner for 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 2 pint jars.