- 2 pounds mushrooms* drained, trimmed
- 1 slice fresh ginger - (abt 1/4") peeled minced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt or more
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushroom, Fairy Ring Mushroom
Puree the mushrooms, ginger, and garlic in small amounts in a blender or food processor until the mixture becomes pastelike. Place it in a heavy pot. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Pack into hot sterilized jars. Process in a canner for 15 minutes.
This recipe yields 2 pint jars.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Chutney 0/5 (0 Votes)