- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces grated Provolone cheese
- 8 ounces grated Mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces grated Romano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 recipe Turkey Sausage Red Gravy (see recipe)
- 1/2 pound grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 package dried lasagna noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, Provolone, Mozzarella, Romano, egg, milk, basil and garlic. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble: Spread 2 1/2 cups of the meat sauce on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 of the grated cheese over the sauce. Cover the cheese with 1/4 of the noodles. Spread 1/4 of the cheese filling evenly over the noodles. Repeat the above process with the remaining ingredients, topping the lasagna with the remaining sauce.
Place in the oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving. Slice and serve. Garnish with parsley.
This recipe yields 12 to 16 servings.