Duck Stuffed Pitas
- 8 pita breads
- 2 Anjou pears peeled, cored, and julienned
- 8 ounces brie cheese thinly sliced
- 4 confit duck leg portions with thighs attached fat trimmed, and reserved
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine all of the stuffing ingredients, including reserved duck fat, in a food processor, fitted with a metal blade. Process until the mixture is thoroughly mixed, but do not puree. Set aside.
Using a sharp knife, cut a 4-inch slit across the top of pita. Stuff each pita with about 1/4 cup of the rillette, some of the julienne pears and a couple slices of the cheese.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pitas on a baking sheet. Bake for a couple of minutes, just until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and serve warm.
This recipe yields 8 sandwiches.