Cutlets, Pork, Golden Baked
- 1 poundpork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 cupdry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoonsugar
- 1/2 teaspoonpaprika
- 1/2 teaspoononion powder
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- 4 teaspoonscanola oil
- 1 large egg white, lightly beatensee savings
- 4 teaspoonscornstarch
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Holding a chef's knife at a 45 degrees angle and perpendicular to the tenderloin, slice the pork into 4 long, thin "fillets."
3. Mix breadcrumbs, sugar, paprika, onion powder and salt in a shallow dish. Drizzle with oil and mash with a fork until the oil is thoroughly incorporated. Lightly beat egg white with a fork in another shallow dish. Sprinkle cornstarch over the pork slices and pat to coat evenly on both sides. Dip the pork into the egg, then press into the breading mixture until evenly coated on both sides. (Discard leftover mixture.)
4. Place the pork on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until just barely pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F, 14 to 16 minutes.