IRISH SODA BREAD 1
You'll love Irish Soda Bread for St. Patrick's Day or any day! Caraway seeds add something extra to this version.
- 4-3/4 Cups Flour
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Caraway Seeds
- 3 TBSP Honey
- 1 Egg
- 1-1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 4 TBSP Butter
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. To a bowl add together your dry ingredients; the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
2. Add in the caraway seed and combine.
3. Now add in the honey, egg, and buttermilk. Stir it up until a dough just begins to form.
4. Add in the melted butter and knead dough until all ingredients are combined. Don’t overknead.
5. Form into a ball and cut a few 1” slits at the top.
6. Place dough on a baking sheet and place in an oven 50 min. to an hour.
7. Test with a toothpick in the center to assure loaf is cooked completely.