Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Sandwich
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup peanut oil, for sauteing
- 6 thin slices Italian pancetta, cooked until crispy
- 6 focaccia rolls
- Roasted Tomato Remoulade Sauce, recipe follows
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 32mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Combine mayonnaise, egg, Dijon mustard and hot chili sauce in a large bowl and using a whisk, mix well. Add green onions, dill, parsley, bread crumbs, diced red pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients well.
Gently fold in crabmeat and mix gently trying not to break up the crabmeat. Carefully divide mixture into 6 patties and dust with flour. Place patties into saucepan with peanut oil. Saute on medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes and carefully turn and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on the other side.
Top each crab cake with a piece of crispy pancetta and serve on a focaccia roll with Roasted Tomato Remoulade Sauce.
Roasted Tomato Remoulade Sauce:
Oven Roasted Tomatoes, diced, recipe follows
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon large capers
1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley leaves
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
Whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate or serve immediately.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes:
8 Roma tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
Take fresh Roma tomatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Place tomatoes cut side up on sheet tray. Drizzle olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 8 hours or overnight.