Pasta E Fagioli
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, julienned (1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can red kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 15-oz can great northern beans (with liquid)
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12-oz can V-8 Juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 11/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 lb (1/2 pkg) ditali pasta
Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Drain off most of the fat.
Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute for 10 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
About 50 minutes into simmer time, add the raw pasta into the soup.
Cook until the pasta is al dente