Cream Cheese-Sausage Puffs
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 1 pkg plus 3 oz cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook sausage, onions, and peppers in large skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Place in large bowl.
2. Add cream cheese, mix well.
3. Unroll dough on work surface. Separate each can of dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations together to seal. Spread 3 tablespoons sausage mixture onto each rectangle.
4. Roll up dough rectangles, starting at 1 long side of each; pinch edges together to seal. Use serrated knife to cut each roll into 6 slices.
5. Place, cut-sides down and 1 inch apart, on baking sheet.
6. Bake 13-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown and bottoms are crisp.