Black Forest Trifle
Impressive and delicious layered dessert of Brownies, cherry pie filling, and sweetened whipped cream (or whipped topping) in a clear trifle bowl.
- 1 prepared recipe of Brownies, boxed or homemade
- 1 - 2 cans Cherry pie filling, chilled
- 8 - 12 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed (or homemade whipped cream)
- Chocolate ice cream sauce or chocolate syrup for garnish, optional
Prepare brownies and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. (I use a plastic knife).
To assemble: Place a layer of brownies randomly in the bottom of a clear bowl or trifle bowl. Top with a layer of pie filling, then whipped cream/whipped topping. Repeat layers of brownies, pie filling, and whipped cream, ending with whipped cream on top. Refrigerate.
To serve, spoon into dessert plates and drizzle with chocolate sauce/syrup, if desired.
1 pint heavy whipping cream, the colder the better
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla, optional
Place a metal mixing bowl and beaters of an electric mixer in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. On Low speed of hand mixer, beat whipping cream in the chilled bowl until soft peaks start to form. Add sugar and vanilla and beat just until firm peaks form. Do NOT overbeat or it will become butter.
You'll also love
- Black Forest Tart 4.4/5 (19 Votes)