Lauki Kofta Curry
Lauki kofta curry tastes too delicious and quite easy to prepare.
- For koftas:
- 1 medium size lauki (bottle gourd )
- 1/2 cup besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander leaves chopped
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt to taste
- For gravy:
- 2 medium onions
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp of coriander leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Peel lauki, grate it, shift it to a bowl, add gram flour & mix it.
2. Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, green chilies,
coriander leaves,salt & gently fold. The result should be a thick
3. To make koftas, slightly wet your plalms & make koftas of batter.
4. Heat oil, deep fry koftas on medium flame until they are golden brown.
5. Drain oil & shift to absorbent paper to soak excess oil.
6. To make gravy, puree the tomatoes, grate onions.
7. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds when they splutter add
onions. Saute till they are golden brown.
8. Now add ginger-garlic paste, asafoetida & mix well for another minute.
9. Add tomato puree, mix well & add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red
chili powder,garam masala. Saute until oil separates.
10. Now add 2 cups of water, season with salt, let it boil for some time.
11. Now gently add koftas, boil it for 4-5 mins. Add yogurt & mix well.
12. Shift it to serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot with roti/naan/rice/paratha.
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooked Moroccan Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)