Kaju paneer is a simple & easy Indian dish – not too spicy but flavourful, in fact rich, creamy & indulgent.
- 1/2 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubed
- 2 onion finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 15-20 cashew nuts
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Grind cashew nuts to fine paste with some water. Keep it aside.
2. In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, onion, ginger garlic
paste cook it for 2-3 mins.
3. Now add tomatoes & cook for some time.
4. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala &
let it cook for 5 mins then pour some water & let it boil for 2-3 mins.
5. Add cashew nut paste, salt & mix well.
6. Let gravy cook well for 2-3 mins. Add some cashew nut pieces inside the
gravy to get a bite of them while eating. It taste very good.
7. Later when the oil starts to ooze out, add the paneer. Keep stirring the
gravy or it will get burnt, add water according to the required
8. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve it hot.