Paneer Butter Masala
Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most popular vegetarian curries in Indian cuisine.it is a very rich dish made with Paneer.
- 250 gms paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp ginger & garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp onion paste
- 1 tbsp cashew nut paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tbsp kasoori methi crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, onion paste & saute till it turns
golden brown in colour.
2. Add ginger & garlic paste, green chilies & stir for 2 mins.
3. Add cashew nuts paste, tomato puree & saute further for a few minutes.
4. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, saute for a few
5. Add garam masala, salt, enough water, cook till the oil separates &
gravy becomes thick.
6. Sprinkle kasoori methi & mix in lightly.
7. Add paneer pieces to the masala gravy, mix well & cook for 2-3 mins.
8. Garnish with butter & coriander lives.
9. Serve hot.