A very tasty dish of meshed spinach & cottage cheese full of iron & carbohydrates.Enjoy even by heart patients with no side effects.
- 1/2 kg spinach
- 100 gm paneer
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3-5 green chilli
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Remove stems, wash spinach thoroughly in running water.
2. Blanch in salted boiling water for 2 minutes.
3. Grind spinach into a fine paste along with green chillies.
4. Dice paneer into one inch by one inch by half inch pieces.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When they begin to change colour,
add ginger, garlic paste, red chilli powder & sauté for half a minute.
6. Add chopped onions & fry again until they turn pink.
7. Add the spinach puree & stir. Add water if required.
8. When the gravy comes to a boil, add garam masala, paneer,salt & mix
9. Transfer to serving bowl & serve hot.