Jalepeno Cheddar Beer Bread
This is an easy way to make a loaf of fresh, buttery, cornbread-type bread. The original recipe didn’t call for jalepenos and cheddar cheese, so I added them myself. You can add fresh rosemary, thyme or other herbs, spices and cheeses for different tastes.
- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- 3 tsp. baking powder (omit if using self-rising flour)
- 1 tsp. salt (omit if using self-rising flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 12-oz. bottle of beer (i prefer ale)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup jalepenos chopped (drained. used more as needed)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (use more as needed)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix dry ingredients and beer
3. Fold in cheese and jalepenos (and herbs, etc.)
4. Pour into a greased loaf
5. Pour melted butter over mixture to cover the top
6. Bake for 1 – 1.5 hrs. or long enough for none of the bread to stick to a toothpick when inserted into middle of loaf.
7. Let stand for several minutes to cool slightly before slicing.
This recipe makes a hearty bread with a crunchy buttery crust. If you prefer a softer crust, mix the butter into the batter instead of pouring it over the top.
You'll also love
- Shiner Beer Bread 4.5/5 (11 Votes)