- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes *28 oz)
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp coarsely chopped anchovies
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb linguine or spaghetti
- parmesan cheese for grating
Heat the oil over low heat in a medium saucepan. Add garlic and saute until softened and jus tstarting to turn golden, ab five minutes. Drain the tomatoes and add to the saucepan. Add the olives, anchovies, capers, s&chili flakes. Simmer gently over medium-low heat until the sauce is reduced by about 1/3, 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt. add parsley.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta thoroughly and add to the warm sauce. Toss pasta vigorously until it is evenly coated iwth sauce. Season once more to taste, serve the pasta at once in warmed bowls. Pass the parmesan at the table, if you like.