Thanksgiving Stuffing (Cheat! Using Stove Top)
Quick, easy and delicious homemade stuffing started with stuffing mix.
- 2 medium onion, minced
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth, (or turkey broth or vegetable broth)
- 2 (6-ounce) packages stove top-style seasoned stuffing mix
- Hot water, to make enough liquid as required for 2 packages stuffing mix
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Saute onions and celery in butter. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Set aside to cool slightly.
Toss this mixture into dry stuffing mix.
Heat broth and set aside..Read directions on your favorite stuffing mix box. Add enough hot water to the broth to make up the required liquid needed.
Pour over stuffing/vegetables mixture and mix well.
Stuff your chicken or turkey. For a side dish place stuffing in a baking dish; cover and bake for 15 to 25 minutes at 325°F.