Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Dijon Mustard
- What you need:
- 20-30 fresh brussels sprouts
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Chop off stems of the brussels sprouts and remove the outer leaves. Either halve or quarter them, depending on size. Spray the bottom of a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Toss brussels sprouts in dish and sprinkle with seasonings. Spray a little more cooking spray on top of seasoned brussels. Roast in oven for about 25 minutes or so. I like mine a little burnt, but if you don't, check them after 20 minutes. They should still be crisp, not mushy.
3. While the brussels are roasting, make the mustard sauce. In a small bowl, mix mustard, agave, and lemon juice. When the brussels sprouts are roasted to your liking, take out of the oven and pour mustard sauce over them and stir.