Four Cheese Caprese Pizza
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza dough (14-16 oz)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz ricotta cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 8 oz Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca™, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 oz shredded Asiago cheese (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz finely shredded Romano cheese (2/3 cup)
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- 9 oz Campari or Roma tomatoes, sliced (about 5 Campari or 2 large Roma)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar, optional
Adapted from cookingclassy.ziplist.com
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place a pizza stone in the oven and heat 30 minutes. If using refrigerated pizza dough, remove dough from refrigerator and allow dough to come to room temperature while pizza stone preheats.
Roll pizza dough out into a 13-inch round on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper, while making a thicker crust along edges of pizza. In a small mixing bowl, stir together olive oil and minced garlic. Brush olive oil evenly over top of crust and season crust with salt and pepper to taste. Dollop small pieces of ricotta cheese over crust, then sprinkle top evenly with Galbani Mozzarella Fresca, Asiago and Romano cheeses. Sprinkle top lightly with red pepper flakes if desired. Slide a pizza peel underneath pizza and parchment and transfer pizza to the pizza stone in preheated oven. Bake 8 - 12 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately top with tomato slices. Sprinkle basil over top and drizzle with balsamic reduction if desired. Cut pizza into slices and serve warm.
For the optional Balsamic Reduction:
Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat slightly and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally until reduced by 2/3 (to 3 1/2 Tbsp).
You'll also love
- Asian Noodles with Chicken and... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)