Antipasto pasta salad
- 1/2 500-g pkg penne or fusilli
- 5 large marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes,packed in oil
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 2 green onions
- 2 slices prosciutto (optional)
- 1/2 cup mixed black and green olives
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp each dried rosemary and oregano leaves
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente,8 to 10 min. Meanwhile,coarsely chop artichokes. Thinly slice tomatoes. Cut peppers into small pieces. Thinly slice onions and prosciutto . Pit olives, then cut in half. Place all in large bowl.
Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with parmesan,rosemary and oregano. Stir to evenly mix. Taste and add more dressing if you wish.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. Flavour improves with sitting. Salad will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 2 days. The pasta soaks up dressing so you'll need to stir in a little more before serving.