Prime Rib With Garlic Herb Butter
Serve this delectable prime rib with mashed potatoes and green beans for a classic feast, or mix it up with quinoa or brown rice and a big, fresh salad.
- 1cup1 cup butter, softened
- 7cloves7 cloves garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons salt
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon pepper
- 11 (5- to 7-pound) boneless ribeye roast, trimmed
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons flour
- 2cups2 cups beef stock
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 170mins
Adapted from buzzfeed.com
Preheat oven to 500°F.
Mix together butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl until evenly combined. Rub the herb butter all over the rib roast, then place on a roasting tray with a rack.
Bake 5 minutes per pound of meat — so a 5-pound roast would bake for 25 minutes and a 7-pound roast would bake for 35 minutes.
Turn off the heat and let the rib roast sit in the oven for 2 hours, making sure you do not open the oven door or else the residual heat will escape.
Once the 2 hours are up, remove the roast from the pan and pour the pan drippings into a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, whisking until there are no lumps, then add beef stock, stirring and bringing the sauce to a boil.
Remove from heat and strain the sauce into a gravy dish.
Carve prime rib into 3/4-inch slices, then serve with mashed potatoes, green beans, and sauce. Enjoy!