CREAMED SPINACH CASSEROLE
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the heavy cream, nutmeg and cayenne and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Mix in the spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Transfer the mixture to a 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle with the panko and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake until bubbling and light golden on top, about 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamed Spinach 0/5 (0 Votes)