- 1 stick Butter (3-4 Tbl.)
- 8 Tablespoons Flour (3-4 Tbl)
- 1/2 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
- 2 cups Milk (1 Cup)
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 24 ounces, weight Baby Spinach (1 large box)
Melt 1 stick of butter in a pot. saute onions and garlic until wilted. then add flour for roux.and whisk together. Cook over medium heat for five minutes or until light golden brown.Pour in milk, whisking constantly, and cook for another five minutes while you cook the spinach.
To cook spinach, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a separate pot. Add spinach in increments until all incorporated, and cook until wilted but not soggy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Season the cream sauce with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add spinach to the cream sauce, stirring gently to combine. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Creamed Spinach A La Lawry's 0/5 (0 Votes)