- COB SALAD
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup drained corn kernels
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- CAJUN SHRIMP
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon OR lime juice
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Place shrimp in medium bowl, sprinkle with Cajun spice, garlic and pinch of salt and stir to combine.
Heat large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Swirl in butter. Once butter stops sizzling, add shrimp in a single layer and sauté about 2 minutes without disturbing. Flip shrimp over and sauté another minute or just until cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside to cool.
Chop, rinse and spin dry romaine lettuce. Line the bottom of a large salad platter/bowl with lettuce. Add remaining salad ingredients and shrimp in rows on top of romaine.
Whisk ingredients for salad dressing in a small bowl and drizzle over salad and then toss to combine and serve.