Feel a little Italian tonight with these Antipasto Bites! Make a large batch for a party or only make a few for yourself while you wait for your main course to finish cooking.
- 9 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces mozzarella balls
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces sliced salami
- 1/4 pound roasted red peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 pound green olives
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from delish.com
In a large pot of boiling water, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook tortellini according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
Season cooked tortellini with salt and pepper. Add balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup olive oil and mix to combine. Set aside.
In a small bowl, add mozzarella balls, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Mix to combine and set aside.
Assemble skewers by layering one piece each mozzarella, salami, roasted red pepper, tortellini, basil, artichoke heart, and green olives.