Golden Vanilla Cake
Recipe source: King Arthur Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups milk, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two 9-inch round pans, or a 9- x 13-inch pan.
2. Whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and beat at low speed, until the mixture looks sandy.
3. Add the milk and vanilla, and beat at medium speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 egg; beat for 30 seconds, then scrape the bottom and sides of the owl. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
4. Scoop the batter into the pan(s), smoothing the top. Bake for about 27 minutes for the round pans, 40 minutes for the 9- x 13-inch pan. The cake is done when it's golden brown around the edges and just beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan; a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
5. Remove the cake from oven and place on a rack to cool for 15 minutes before turning it out of the round pans. The sheet cake can be served right from the pan.
NOTE: This recipe will make 24 cupcakes. Prepare batter as directed, and bake for 23 - 25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Vanilla Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
Review this recipe