Tater Tot Enchilada Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fajita seasoning (or homemade taco seasoning)
- 4 cups frozen tater tots (about 1/2 bag)
- 1 (10 oz.) can mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olives (optional)
- sliced green onions, diced tomatoes and sour cream, for topping
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown ground beef along with onion and garlic.
Once browned, drain excess grease then return meat to skillet.
Next, sprinkle two tablespoons fajita seasoning onto beef. Stir well (keep skillet on a medium-low heat)
Then pour in enchilada sauce. Stir well.
Add frozen tater tots.
Gently stir until the tater tots are coated with sauce.
Turn off heat. Transfer mixture into a 9x13 (ungreased) baking dish. Make sure it is evenly spread out.
Sprinkle cheese all over tater tot mixture. Top with sliced black olives.
Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
Cheese should be melted and tater tots should be golden brown.
Serve with diced green onions, chopped tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream!