Penne And Vegetable Salad With Indonesian Peanut Sauce
- INDONESIAN PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1/4 pound green beans cut diagonally
- into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 pound penne cooked al dente
- 1 carrot halved lengthwise, and sliced thin diagonally
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber quartered lengthwise, seeded, and sliced thin diagonally
- 4 scallions cut diagonally
- into 1/4" pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter plus
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch turmeric
In a saucepan of boiling salted water blanch the beans for 1 minute. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well and add to the penne with the carrot, cucumber, and scallions. Just before serving, add the sauce and sprinkle with the peanuts.
Indonesian Peanut Sauce: In a blender or food processor blend all the ingredients until smooth.
This recipe yields 6 servings.