Chocolate torte featuring a delicious whipped cream filling and a yummy chocolate frosting. Takes a little effort but it's oh so worth it!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 175mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Whisk cocoa and water until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cocoa mixture. Beat until smooth.
Pour into three greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
In a bowl, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla on high speed until soft peaks form. Chill until firm.
In a saucepan, melt chips and butter over medium heat; stir in cream. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar. Chill for at least 1 hour or until completely cooled. Beat with electric mixer to achieve spreadable consistency.
Spread half of the filling over one cake layer; top with second layer and remaining filling. Top with third layer; frost top and sides of cake. Chill for 2 hours before cutting.
You'll also love
- Pork with Paprika, Mushrooms, and... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffle Pie with... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Too Easy Cherry Cobbler 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple-Spice Bundt Cake with... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Spiced Orange Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Almond Torta with Chocolate Chips 4.4/5 (7 Votes)