Mini Blueberry Pies
All the homemade goodness of the famous pie, but in miniature form! Serve with vanilla ice cream or top with whipped topping or prepared whipped cream.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried on paper towels
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- Zest 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 unbaked pie crusts (store bought or homemade - I used Pillsbury refrigerated crusts)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin pan. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour and lemon zest. Add blueberries and gently toss to coat with the flour mixture. Stir in the whipping cream. Set aside.
Using a biscuit cutter or a similar size drinking glass, cut out 24 circles out of the pie crusts. Using a rolling pin, lightly roll out 12 of the circles large enough to fit on the bottom and up the sides of the muffin cups. Gently position a rolled out circle in each of the muffin cups.
Fill the cups with blueberry mixture. Place one of the remaining 12 (unrolled) dough circles on the top of each mini pie, covering the filling. Press the edges down slightly to seal the crusts. With the point of a sharp knife, cut a tiny hole or "X" in the tops of the crusts for a steam vent. Sprinkle tops with a little sugar, if desired.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.
Cool pies in the pan on a wire rack.
Remove pies by running a knife around the edges of pies to loosen, then pop them out.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Morning Apple Cake 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Chocolate Torte 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Pork with Paprika, Mushrooms, and... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffle Pie with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Candy Bar Pie 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Olallieberry Iced Hand Pies (&... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)