Breakfast Burrito w/sausage and egg
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 lb hot sausage
- 1/8 - 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 - 1/4 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp black beans
- 1 jalapeno pepper or 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- shredded cheese
- sun dried tomato tortillas
1. Saute garlic in a small amount of oil until fragrant. Add onion and sauté until the onion becomes slightly tender.
2. Add sausage and begin browning evenly.
3. Before the sausage is totally finished cooking add the red pepper, black beans, black pepper and jalapeno or cayenne pepper. Mix everything together well and continue cooking until the sausage is done.
4. Drain any fat from the pan. Remove the mixture and set aside.
5. Heat panini maker.
6. Scramble the eggs with black pepper in the same pan used to cook the sausage mixture.
7. Spoon 1/2 the eggs onto a tortilla and top with approx. 1/2 sausage mixture. Fill the tortillas toward one edge so that after folding the filling spreads. Sprinkle with desired amount of cheese.
8. Place the folded burrito on the Panini maker, seam side down, and cook for 5 minutes or so.
9. Serve with salsa or pico di gallo.