Grandma's Egg Custard Pie
"The custard is sweet and creamy and bakes up perfectly. The crust stays flaky and delicious. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg."
Rate this recipe 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- l/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 l/2 cups scalded milk
- l/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix together eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir well. Blend in the scalded milk.
3. Line pie pan with pastry, and brush inside bottom and sides of shell with egg white to help prevent a soggy crust. Pour custard mixture into piecrust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on rack.
You'll also love
- Rhubarb custard pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Egg Custard Pie 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe