Filipino Chicken Adobo Kebabs
Spicy and flavorful, these Filipino Chicken Adobo kabobs are served with a Sriracha ketchup, just in case you didn't have enough flavor from the marinade! Serve with a side of rice and steamed veggies.
- SRIRACHA KETCHUP:
- 1 pound free-range organic chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, or raw coconut vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic wheat-free soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon raw organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 whole anise pods
- 1 bay leaf
- Chopped cilantro, to serve
- 8 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar, or rice vinegar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from theironyou.com
In a bowl combine water, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, red pepper flakes, black peppercorns, anise pods and bay leaf. Set aside.
In a shallow sealable container or in a large Ziploc bag, combine chicken chunks and marinade.
Cover (or seal) and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (marinate overnight for fullest flavor.)
In the meantime make Sriracha ketchup. In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, sriracha, honey, lime juice, cilantro, and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
Remove the chicken chunks from the marinade and skewer onto stainless steel skewer (or bamboo sticks that have been soaked in water for 5 minutes).
Heat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high (if you’re using an outdoor grill lightly oil the grates.)
Grill the chicken kebabs until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro and serve with Sriracha ketchup on the side.
You'll also love
- Apple Bran Muffins for Two Recipe 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Corn Bread Shortcake with Ham &... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Salt and Pepper Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Tikka Masala, from Cook's... 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
Review this recipe