13 weightwatchers points
- 1/2 cup defatted chicken broth or dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic,minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 large sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 1 cup trimmed and halved snow peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 31mins
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the broth or wine; when it is simmering, add the garlic and onions. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft but not browned. Add the peppers, carrots and squash; cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Add the snow peas and basil; cover and cook for 30 seconds. Remove the skillet from the heat.
2.Cook the fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
3.Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, puree the ricotta, sour cream and Parmesan; add to the sauteed vegetables. Add the fettuccine and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.