adapted from http://www.bakerella.com/smore-or-less/
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (divided in half)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (divided in half)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (divided in half)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (divided in half)
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk (divided in half)
- 2 eggs (divided in half)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (divided in half)
- 1/2 cup oil (divided in half)
- 9 large or jumbo marshmallows cut in half
- Graham Cracker Crumb topping:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Marshmallow Fluff (for frosting) – optional
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together ¾ c. flour, ¾ c. sugar, ½ tsp. baking powder and ½ tsp. baking soda with a wire whisk.
Repeat in another bowl.
Stir cocoa into one bowl and graham cracker crumbs into the other bowl.
Add ½ c milk, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla and ¼ c. oil to the cocoa mixture and beat on medium until combined (“chocolate batter”).
Repeat, adding the same ingredients, to the graham cracker crumb mixture (“graham cracker batter”).
Prepare Graham Cracker Crumb topping:
Put the brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl and pour the melted butter over it. Stir by hand until combined and crumbly.
Spoon a little graham cracker batter into the bottom of your baking cups (approx 1/4 - 1/3 of the way) and then lightly sprinkle the graham cracker crumb topping mixture over it.
Place a marshmallow half on top and then cover the marshmallow with the chocolate batter until it is about 3/4 full.
Sprinkle with more topping mixture.
Bake cupcakes for about 15-17 minutes. Let cool.
Optional: Frost with Fluff and sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs