snow white cake
By scratch cook
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5 egg whites
Start with your dry ingredients, placing them all into the mixing bowl with the mixer on low to blend.
Add the milk and the vanilla or almond and the 1/2 cup of shortening. Blend on low speed until moistened. Gradually bring the mixer speed up to medium high and beat for 2 minutes.
Add the egg whites and mix on low to incorporate them. Raise the speed to medium high and beat for 2 minutes.
Split the batter between two 8 inch pans. Details are in the video for preparing and filling your pans.
Bake until the cakes spring back to the touch or a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Gluten Free White Cake 4.8/5 (4 Votes)