Navy Bean Soup for Instant Pot
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried navy beans
- 8 cups water (6 now and 3 later on if using a crockpot)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound chopped ham
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (sometimes I don’t add this)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
1. Combine beans, water, tomatoes, onion, celery, garlic, ham, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic, and bay lea.
2. Add additional water. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for an additional two hours. Discard bay leaf.
Instant Pot: Soup setting: 45-50 minutes.