Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (about 4 pounds), trimmed of all but a thin layer of fat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup lamb or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth
What To Do
1. One day before roasting, rub lamb all over with salt, 1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs and pepper. Roll meat into a cylinder and secure with pieces of butcher string, tying a knot every 1½ inches from end to end. Rub exterior with remaining oil, salt and pepper and refrigerate.
2. Remove lamb from refrigerator at least 3 hours before cooking. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan not much larger than meat. Place in center of oven and roast undisturbed for 1 hour. Use a thermometer to check meat's temperature: It should be at least about 100 degrees. For medium-rare meat, roast until temperature is 125 degrees, 10-15 minutes more.
3. Remove lamb from roasting pan and let rest 15 minutes. Meanwhile, skim off as much fat as possible from pan and set over two burners on low heat. Add stock and wine, scrape pan to loosen brown bits, and increase heat to high. Reduce sauce, stirring, for 8-10 minutes. Drizzle over sliced lamb, or pass in a boat at table.
used a 6 lb. roast had butcher de bone and tie back, opened and put herbs in tied back. Cooked at 325 for 1 hr 15mins but would cook a little more for more donenes.
there was not enough drippings to make sauce so buy
You'll also love
- 2 Ingredient Cinnamon Apple Cake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY TRUFFLE... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Braised Pork Chops (low sodium) 4/5 (2 Votes)
- PORTUGUESE CLAMS & CHORIZO W/SPICY... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Trinidad Style Curried Lamb 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pear-Marinated Roast Leg of Lamb 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Leg of Lamb with 40 Cloves... 0/5 (0 Votes)