Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Cooked Steak-umms frozen sandwich steaks, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and Provolone cheese on soft hoagie rolls are rolled up in foil and heated through in oven.
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1" strips (1/3 cup)
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 4 - 6 Steak-Umm frozen sandwich steaks (I used 6)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 - 3 tablespoons salted butter or margarine
- 4 slices Provolone cheese (can use shredded)
- 2 hoagie or French rolls (Pepperidge Farm brand shown)
Chop all the veggies; set aside. Lay out 2 sheets of aluminum foil on counter. Slice hoagie rolls if needed (mine were already sliced); set aside. Preheat oven to 300 F.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a medium non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add frozen Steak-umms; add a little salt and pepper and brown meat on both sides. Remove to a bowl and keep warm.
In same skillet, heat a little more butter (if needed); add the mushrooms with a little salt and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes, until soft and lightly browned. Remove to a bowl.
To the same skillet over medium/medium-high heat, melt another pat of butter (if needed); add the onions and bell peppers (and a little salt and pepper) and saute until crisp tender and lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
Cut or tear 1 slice of cheese to fit on the bottom (cut side) of a hoagie roll. Top with half the cooked meat; then with half the veggies. Cut or tear another slice of cheese and place on top of veggies. Roll up tightly in the foil. Repeat steps for the remaining hoagie.
Place hoagies directly on the middle oven rack and heat for 15 minutes.
Unwrap and serve immediately (in the foil) with a side of potato chips or French fries.
You'll also love
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)