Pan-Roasted Salmon with Tomato Vinaigrette
This recipe is from Food & Wine, Ted Allen
- 1 pint heirloom grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs drained capers
- 1/2 coarse salt, plus more as needed
- 3 tbs evoo
- 4 (7 oz) salmon filets, center-cut, skin on
- black pepper
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbs chopped fresh basil
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss together tomatoes, shallot, vinegar, capers, and 1/2 tsp salt.
2. Heat 1 tbs evoo in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place fillets in skillet, skin side up. Cook until well-browned on bottom, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip fillets. Transfer skillet to pre-heated oven, and roast until salmon is cooked through, about 7 mins. Divide among 4 plates and discard any fat left in skillet.
3. Return skillet to medium heat and add tomato mixture, remaining 2 tbs evoo, canola oil, and cumin.
Cook, stirring to scrape up bits stuck to bottom, just until tomatoes soften, about 2 mins. Top salmon with sauce and sprinkle with parsley and basil.