- 1 Homemade pie crust, unbaked
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your pie pan with your unbaked pie crust. Pre-bake for 8 minutes.
2. (I always use pie weights or dry beans or rice on top of parchment paper to keep the crust from shrinking. Remove after 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon. Once cooked remove to a plate and chop. Remove most of the grease from the pan and add onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
4. Layer the bottom of the pie crust with cheddar and Swiss cheeses. Add bacon and onion on top.
5. Mix the eggs, cream, milk and spices in a bowl. Gently stir while pouring over crust to evenly distribute all of the spices. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes - 1 hr, depending on your oven, until the center of the quiche is just set.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.