An ideal dish to bring to a potluck, or to make as a light meal for your family, classic quiche lorraine is a time-trusted crowd pleaser.
- 1 Pillsbury* Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Additional crisply cooked crumbled bacon, if desired
Adapted from lifemadedelicious.ca
Adjust oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 425ºF. Prepare pie crust according to package directions for One Crust Filled Pie using a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate or quiche pan (refrigerate remaining crust for later use).
Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion in pastry-lined quiche dish. In large bowl, beat eggs slightly with fork or wire whisk. Beat in remaining ingredients. Pour into quiche dish.
Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF. Bake about 30 to 35 minutes longer or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Sprinkle with additional bacon. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.