Chicken Caesar Salad
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 - 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (12 ounces each) (large outer leaves discarded), washed, dried, and cut into 1-inch pieces (16 cups)
- 2 cups croutons
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from cooksillustrated.com
We recommend using homemade croutons, but store-bought are fine as well. Adjust the amount of anchovies to suit your taste.
1. FOR THE CHICKEN: Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound thick ends gently with meat pounder until ¾ inch thick. Whisk 4 quarts cool water with 2 tablespoons salt in large Dutch oven. Arrange chicken in steamer basket, making sure not to overlap. Submerge steamer basket in pot. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally to even out hot spots, until water registers 175 degrees, 15 to 20 minutes. Turn off heat, cover pot, remove pot from burner, and let stand until chicken registers 160 degrees, 17 to 22 minutes. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice crosswise ¼ inch thick.
2. FOR THE DRESSING: Whisk all ingredients together in bowl.
3. FOR THE SALAD: Toss lettuce with croutons, ¾ cup Parmesan, and two-thirds of dressing in large bowl until well combined. Divide dressed lettuce among 6 plates. Toss chicken with remaining dressing. Divide chicken equally among plates and season with pepper. Serve immediately, passing remaining ¼ cup Parmesan separately.