The importance of using fresh ingredients has never been more pronounced than in the humble caprese salad. Its simplicity does not compromise the complex blend of flavours it packs as a dish, much less a salad. This is a light and refreshing snack for a panic or as a palate-cleansing starter to a scrumptious feast.
- 2 large, good quality tomatoes
- 2 pieces of 125g buffalo mozzarella
- Handful sweet basil
- Smoked sea salt flakes, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Adapted from cookism.tumblr.com
1. Using a sharp knife, cut tomatoes and mozzarella into quarter inch thick slices. Layer alternating slices of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil leaves on a serving plate.
2. Season with smoked sea salt flakes and black pepper to taste. Drizzle caprese salad with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
You'll also love
- Giada's Baked Caprese Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)