Thick N' Hearty Chicken Cheese Soup
This recipe calls for canned chicken but fresh cooked chicken can easily be substituted.
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10-3/4 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (12.5 oz.) can Kirkland Signature Chunk Breast of Chicken
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a medium saucepan, cook carrots and green onion in hot margarine or butter about 10 minutes or until tender but not browned.
Stir in flour. Slowly add milk, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper. Cook & stir until thickened and bubbly.
Stir in chicken and cheese. Cook and stir over law heat until cheese melts. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Cheese Soup 3.8/5 (13 Votes)