Ramen Thai Peanut Chicken/30 Minute
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 2-4 squares ramen noodles
- juice of 1 lime
Adapted from halfbakedharvest.com
1. In a large soup pot, combine the chicken broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, peanut butter, and curry paste. Add the chicken, cremini mushrooms, red peppers, ginger, and garlic. Set over medium heat on the stove and bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
2. Once done cooking, shred the chicken.
3. Bring the soup to a boil over high heat. Stir in the noodles, lime juice, spinach, and cilantro. Let sit 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
4. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with peanuts and toasted sesame oil. Enjoy!
*I recommend storing the soup and noodles separately, then adding the noodles just before serving. If you let the noodles sit in the soup, they will soak up all the broth and become very mushy.