Mrs. Fields Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Peanut butter and chocolate may be a match made in heaven, but forget about buying candy at the store. These bars are way better.
- 8 medium sized butter cookies or chocolate chip cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- CHOCOLATE LAYERS:
- 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips, about 15 ounces
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
heat oven to 325°F.
Crush cookies until finely ground. Add butter and mix. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 8x8 baking pan and bake 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Melt chocolate. Pour half into pan and smooth evenly over crust. Place pan in refrigerator. Keep remaining chocolate warm.
Blend peanut butter and butter together until smooth using electric mixer. Slowly beat in confectioners sugar & vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spread mixture over chilled chocolate layer. Pour remaining warm chocolate over top & spread smoothly. Chill in refrigerator one hour.
Review this recipe